Fraud Blocker

PAYG Earners .

IF You Are a PAYG Earner and Fed Up With Paying Half Your Money To the ATO then …

You want to work with accountants who work for you, not the ATO.

That said, let’s be honest. It’s harder and harder as a PAYG earner to find ways to do legal tax minimization in Australia. Many of the best deductions have been shut down. For example, you used to be able to claim a double tax deduction for your laptop or mobile using salary sacrifice, which was shut down. And fringe benefits tax and others take up the slack.

Despite that, there are still ways you can legally minimize tax in Australia with the right accountant. Let’s look at some examples:

  • You can claim expenses for your car if you do driving for work
  • If you make your house as an office, in certain situations, as well as claiming home office expenses, you can also claim home to work expenses (note: this is only in limited situations, but many accountants miss this one). In FCT v Collings 76 ATC 4254 it was held a computer consultant who had a job but was required to be on call for 24 hours was held entitled to claim her home to work expenses. And there are other examples.
  • You can claim overtime meal allowance if you work after 6pm at night, depending upon your award
  • You can claim self -education if it relates to your work, e.g. if you are a tradesman, and doing an apprenticeship, you can argue the expenses involved are tax deductible
  • You can claim overseas trips if they relate to your work, and can claim 100% of your airfare in some situations even though you have a private part to it

And there are many other examples.

Click here to find out about our Tax Planning services.

[su_panel background=”#e8e8e8″ color=”#187DA1″ border=”#187DA1″]Contact us today to discuss your Account/Tax Services. You can either contact us on 1300 669 336 or click here to organize a free consult no obligation.[/su_panel]

Book Your Free
Tax Saving Assessment.

Wealth Safe